To set up your custom domain, click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner of your dashboard > Edit Email Settings.
Check out this FAQ if you need help choosing a custom domain: What subdomain should I choose for my custom email domain? It should be in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you've chosen a custom domain:
- Type it in beside Custom "From" Address on the Email Settings page
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page
- The page will refresh and your custom domain settings will populate in Hive
- You'll see a note that your settings haven't been configured correctly (not to worry, this FAQ explains how to configure them)
Here's an example of what the values will look like in Hive:
Add the records from your Email Settings page in Hive to your DNS provider's settings to verify your domain.
Here's how to edit the DNS settings of common providers:
- GoDaddy: MX - CNAME - TXT
- Network Solutions: MX - CNAME - TXT
- Rackspace Email &Apps
- Rackspace Cloud DNS
- Amazon Route 53
- Digital Ocean
Once you’ve added the values from Hive to your DNS provider and they’ve propagated, your domain will be verified!