Custom user properties let you upload data outside of Hive's standard data types:
You can create them when importing a CSV to make sure Hive captures all the information that's important to your business.
To set a custom user property:
- Choose the name for your custom user property in the top row of the column in your CSV (this name can be used to filter users in your contact list to add to segments or to filter users before sending an email campaign)
- Click Import Contacts in the left sidebar
- Choose a CSV to import
- Check the box beside First Row is Header
- From the Choose Column Type dropdown, select Custom User Property for any column you want to add
- Click the Start Import button
Tip: You can choose more than one column as a custom user property in a single CSV!