When someone signs up for your mailing list via a signup form, they're giving you permission to email them. Double opt-in is a two-step version of creating a signup page.
After creating a signup page, you'll customize the email sent to fans after sign up. On this page, scroll down to Follow Up Email Options.
Check the option Double Opt-in Signups. By checking this in your signup form's settings, you set up a confirmation email for that signup.
Here's the process:
- The user submits their email through the signup form
- They receive an email with a link to confirm their subscription
- When they click the link in the email, they're added to your mailing list
Double Opt-in Benefits:
- Mitigates the risk of people entering typos or invalid email addresses - only email addresses that can receive emails will be added to your list
- Protection against spambots, email scams, and fake subscribers
- Confirmation that your subscribed contacts want to hear from you
- Higher open rates for future campaigns, lower bounce and unsubscribe rates