Connect Your Shopify Store
To create an abandoned cart email journey with Hive, first connect your Shopify store.
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner > Connect Data Sources
- Type in Your Store Name in the field and click Connect
Create an Abandoned Cart Email Template
Click Templates in the left sidebar. Choose any of the Featured Templates with the cart icon > Edit Template to edit them, or click + New Email Template to design your own from scratch.
Use the Abandoned Order Items block in your template to pull the items the customer left in their cart into your email journey.
Set Up an Abandoned Cart Email Journey
Now that you have your abandoned cart template, you're ready to set up your email journey.
- Click Email Journeys in the left sidebar > + New Email Journey
- Choose Abandoned Cart - this automatically creates a two-step abandoned cart email journey that you can customize
- Customize the journey title
- Add new rules to select which customers will enter and continue in the journey
- Customize the delay before the email sends (e.g. one hour)
- Choose your subject line, preview text, and template
- Add additional steps by clicking the green + button (like additional reminders)
You're finished! Your customers will receive an email reminder from you if they abandon a cart.