A welcome series is an easy way to introduce subscribers to your brand, set expectations for your email marketing, and get subscribers engaging with your emails, right off the bat.
Before setting up a welcome series email journey, make sure you've added a signup form to your site.
Set Up a Welcome Series Email Journey
- Click Email Journeys in the left sidebar, click + New Email Journey
- Choose a title for your journey (e.g. Welcome Series)
- Click Entry Trigger to choose how a customer enters this journey (for example, all customers who signup through a form will enter into this journey)
- Click Segments
- Select Enters Segment
- Select the segment that's associated with your signup form and click Save Trigger
- Click the checkmark to add additional optional Global Rules - how subscribers will enter and continue in the journey
- Then click the + and either Time Delay or Email
- Under Time Delay, you'll be able to set the duration of the delay in minutes, hours, or days and Save Time Delay
- Under Email, you can choose your template, subject line, preview text, "From" Name, and "From" Email Address. Click Save Email in the bottom left to save any updates.
- Add additional steps by clicking the + (like follow ups after 1 week and 2 weeks) or click Save Email Journey to create a one-step journey
- Click the toggle in the top right beside Paused to set your journey live
You're finished! Your new subscribers will receive an email or series of emails from
you when they sign up for your list.