Connect Your Shopify Store
To create a browse abandonment email journey with Hive, first connect your Shopify store.
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner > Connect Data Sources
- Type in Your Store Name in the field and click Connect
Create a Browse Abandonment Email Template
- Click Templates in the left sidebar
- Choose any of the Abandoned Item Templates
- Hover over the template and click the Actions button > Click Edit Copy of Template
- Use the Abandoned Order Items block in your template to pull the items the customer browsed into your email journey. The abandoned order items block will pull in the last items the customer browsed (up to 25 items). You can add columns to your template to incorporate browse abandoned items and product recommendations in the same row.
Set Up a Browse Abandonment Email Journey
Now that you have your browse abandonment template, you're ready to set up your email journey.
- Click Email Journeys in the left sidebar, click + New Email Journey
- Choose Browse Abandonment - this automatically creates a one-step abandoned cart email journey that you can customize
- Click the orange checkmark to add additional optional Global Rules - how the customers will enter and continue in the journey
- Then click the blue clock icon to customize the delay before the email sends (e.g. one hour)
- Click the pink email icon to choose your subject line, preview text, and template
- Add additional steps by clicking the green + button (like follow-ups after 1 week and 2 weeks) or click Save Email Journey to create a one-step journey
You're finished! Your customers will receive an email reminder from you if they browse products without making a purchase.