A welcome email journey is an easy way to introduce subscribers to your brand, set expectations for your email marketing, and get subscribers engaging with your emails, right off the bat.
Before setting up a welcome email journey for contest entrants, make sure you've successfully created a contest.
Set Up a Welcome Email Journey
- Click Email Journeys in the left sidebar, click + New Email Journey
- Choose a title for your journey (e.g. Contest Welcome Email)
- Click Entry Trigger to choose how a customer enters this journey (for example, all customers who enter a specific contest will enter into this journey)
- Click Email Capture Apps
- Select Enters Contest
- Select the contest you’d like to associate with this welcome journey and click Save Trigger
- Click the checkmark to add additional optional Global Rules - how subscribers will enter and continue in the journey
- Then click the + and add either a Time Delay or Email
- Under Time Delay, you'll be able to set the duration of the delay in minutes, hours, or days and Save Time Delay
- Under Email, you can choose your template, subject line, preview text, "From" Name, and "From" Email Address. Click Save Email in the bottom left to save any updates.
- Add additional steps by clicking the + (like follow ups after 1 week and 2 weeks) or click Save Email Journey to create a one-step journey
- Click the toggle in the top right beside Paused to set your journey live
You're finished! Your contest entrant will now receive an email or series of emails from you when they enter your contest.