Adding people who enter a journey to a custom static segment instantly will make it easier to filter for the users who have entered this journey, and will make it easier for you to reach out to them directly via a targeted email campaign.
How to Add Contacts into a Segment When Creating a Journey
You'll want to complete the first three steps of creating a journey below before adding these contacts into a segment.
- Enter the title of the journey that will appear internally in your dashboard
- Select the trigger that starts the journey
- Add any rules to specify who enters and continues in the journey
Then click the + and click Add to Segment. A sidebar will appear where you can choose which static segment you'd like these customers to be added to.
From there, you can finish off the creation of the journey by following these steps:
- Customize the time delay between the trigger and action
- Choose the email template, subject line and preview text
- Any additional delays and emails you'd like to send
Here's an example of a completed order journey with the Add to Segment feature enabled.