Hive integrates directly with Zapier, letting you sync contacts from any of their 2000+ supported apps by creating a Zap. Click here to check out Zapier's list of supported apps.
How to Create a Zap
Example: Creating a Zap with Google Forms
A Zap is what connects Zapier's supported apps to Hive. This example explains how to create a Zap with Google Forms, but other apps work similarly.
1. Once you've accepted the invite, click the Make a Zap button on the Zapier Dashboard.
2. Type in Google Forms and select the app from the Choose App & Event dropdown.
3. Choose the New or Updated Response in Spreadsheet trigger, which triggers when a response in a specific google sheet is created or updated. Click Continue.
4. Click Sign in to Google Forms to connect Zapier to Google Forms. You'll be prompted to log in to Google Forms (if you aren't already) and allow Zapier to access data. Once connected, click Continue
5. Select the Spreadsheet and Worksheet you want to connect to from the drop downs. You can also select a specific column within the spreadsheet to use as the trigger. Once all fields are filled out, click Continue.
6. To test that the trigger is connected correctly, click Test Trigger
7. If the test is successful, you'll receive a "We found a response!" message where you can select the response you want to use as the test from the drop down. Click Continue.
8. Now the good part. From the Choose App dropdown, choose Hive.co. Then select Add/Update Contact from the Choose Action Event dropdown and click Continue.
9. Select your Hive account from the Choose Account dropdown. You'll be prompted to log into Hive (if you aren't already), then asked to give permission to Zapier to access your Hive account.
Once you've given permission, click Continue.
10. Select the brand you'd like to sync contacts to. Once you select a brand, you'll be able to select segments to add your new contacts to.
11. Select an existing segment to add incoming contacts to, or choose Custom to enter the name of a new segment or merge in a value from the trigger chosen previously.
12. Fill out the remaining fields with their corresponding values from Google Forms using the Type or Insert Field dropdown.
When all your fields have been filled out, click Continue.
13. Clicking Test & Continue will send the sample contact to Hive. You'll see it in your Contact List, in the segment you added to, and in the automatically created Zapier segment.
14. Once you click Done Editing, all that's left is to Name Your Zap at the top of the page and Turn it on!
New or updated additions to this Google Form will now sync automatically into Hive. If you have any questions, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't already, try it out now!