Update Your Shopify Checkout Marketing Consent Label
1. Open your Shopify Settings > click Checkout
2. Scroll down to the “Email marketing” section > select Show a sign-up option at checkout > click Save
3. Scroll down to the “Checkout language” section > click Manage checkout language
4. Filter for "Checkout Marketing” and in the Accept marketing checkbox label box, include your email and SMS opt-in consent language and click Save.
Enable Customers to Leave Their Phone Number
1. Go to Settings > Checkout > change “Shipping address phone number" to Optional
2. Scroll down to the “Checkout language” section > click Manage checkout language
3. Filter for “Phone label” > find “Phone label” and “Optional phone label” text boxes > copy and paste the following text:
Mobile phone number for news and exclusive offers
1. On your Shopify dashboard, click Settings > Legal
3. Once done, confirm the changes by clicking Save.
Configure the Checkout Footer
1. On your Shopify dashboard, click Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages
3. Confirm the changes by clicking Save.
Confirm The Changes with Hive to Start Collecting SMS Opt-in
Once you've completed the steps above, reach out to your dedicated Customer Experience Manager or SMS@hive.co to let us know and we'll finalise the changes so that you can start collecting SMS opt-in via the checkout on your Shopify store.
Once finalised, you'll be able to filter for those who've opted-in to SMS marketing directly on your contact list by clicking View All Filters > SMS Engagement & Subscriptions > Subscribed to SMS
Enabling Opt-out of SMS for Your Customers
When sending your first SMS, you must include an opt-out message which should include the word "STOP".
e.g; Text STOP to opt-out or HELP for help
Note: This is mandatory only for your first SMS, but we recommend including it in every SMS.
If a customer texts STOP, they'll be opted-out of SMS and receive the following message:
"You have successfully been unsubscribed. You will not receive any more messages from this number. Reply START to resubscribe."