If you have a list of your contacts' phone numbers, you can import them directly into Hive via a CSV file so that you can send them SMS messages.
Before You Get Started
Phone Number Format
A contact's phone number must be formatted in one of the following ways:
+12345678910 or +1 123-456-7890
If a country code (e.g; +1) is not provided, we will automatically assume that it is a North American phone number. Please note that it is currently only possible to text North American based subscribers, though you may upload phone numbers with different country codes.
How to Import Phone Numbers
1. In your dashboard's lefthand sidebar, click Import Contacts > Upload CSV File.
2. Choose the file you'd like to import, and name the segment(s) you'd like these contacts synced into. If the first row in the CSV is a header, check the First Row is Header box.
3. Verify that the list has been cleaned (contains < 4% invalids) by checking the box below.
4. Verify that you've received explicit consent from these contacts to contact them via SMS.
Note: It is required that you have previously obtained consent from these subscribers, otherwise, you will not be able to text them. It is against TCPA regulations to market to contacts who have not explicitly opted-in to receive SMS communication from you.
5. When you're ready to import, click Start Import
Note: When you import a new CSV, it may take up to 15 minutes to fully sync into your account. There are a few things happening in the backend:
- Email addresses and phone numbers are validated
- Invalid or outdated email addresses and phone numbers are flagged
- Any duplicate subscriber profiles are synced
- Publicly available data like full name, gender, location and age is added to individual subscriber profiles