A great way to grow your mailing list is to collect email addresses or phone numbers on your web page. Create a popup form that will appear when a customer shows intent to leave your web page.
Creating an Exit Intent Popup Form
1. Click Popup Forms in the left sidebar of your Hive dashboard > Click the + New Popup Form button in the top right corner > Click the Choose button under Exit Intent Popup
2. Under Exit Intent Popup Details, type in the name of your exit intent popup form that'll show internally in Hive.
3. Customise the form settings by choosing the Header Text, Form Layout and Button Label.
4. Under Form Fields, choose which information you want to collect on your exit intent popup form by selecting the relevant check boxes.
6. Under Add to Segment(s), choose what segment(s) you want these signups to sync into by clicking Add. This will not appear on your form, but will show up on your segments page as a new segment (if new) or be added to an existing one (if pre-existing).
Note: To add users to a pre-existing segment in your Hive account, type in the name of the segment exactly as it appears in Hive (case and character sensitive).
7. Under Opt-in Segments , you have the option to customise the interest/preference segments your customers opt-in to to by clicking Add. Click X to delete the default segments.
These appear on your form as checkboxes. When new signups check the boxes, they’ll be added to the corresponding segments in your Hive account.
8. Under Success Message Details, set the success message that appears when customers successfully signup for your exit intent popup form.
9. You can preview the exit intent popup form or the success message by toggling the switch.
10. Once you’ve customised your form, click Save & Get Embed Code in the top right corner. This generates the HTML code for you to copy and paste into your site.