Creating a New Contest
- Click Contests in the left sidebar
- Then, click + New Contest in the top right corner.
- Here you'll be able to set up your Contest Title, Description, Start and End Date, and Timezone
- To format your contest's description, check out our markdown guide
- After you click Save at the bottom of the page you'll be taken to the Steps page
- With Steps, you can give your audience options to gain entries to your contest with different social actions (e.g. Facebook like and share, tweet, etc.)
- Note: With Facebook and Instagram's API update, we can see that the entrant clicked the button (e.g. 'Like Facebook Page') on the Hive contest and count that as an entry, but we can't tie it to whether or not they actually liked the page.
- You can also adjust the number of entries that each action rewards to give stronger incentives for your most important actions.
- Once you've entered all your steps, click Save at the bottom of the page
- You'll then have the option to set the contest email journey to default or create your own with a custom template
- Once you've saved the follow-up email, you'll see a link to the Spotlight page that you can share online and the embed code you can use on your website or store
Check out these related articles: